We want your child to feel happy and safe with us. If your child takes some time to settle down you are more than welcome to stay, although we do find that it is sometimes easier (for the child, if not for you) to say goodbye and then leave, as we can easily distract your child with an activity or toy.
- Try to be prompt when dropping off and collecting your child. A few minutes can seem like an eternity to the child who is left until last.
- If your child is going home with someone else, please make sure that both the child and staff are made aware of the arrangements in advance; a collection book is provided for this purpose.
- Please dress your child for play as splashes of glue and paint are inevitable.
- Please also make sure that the clothes are quick and easy to escape from as children are so often engrossed in play that they leave going to the lavatory until the last minute and with the child’s name in!
- Please provide slippers or plimsolls for indoor wear.
- We do have a Wendens Ambo Pre-School polo shirt and sweatshirt available to purchase.
- Please let us know in advance of any planned holidays.
- Please text or telephone us on 07543 651 343 after 9am if your child will not be attending through sickness etc. (Please note: if your child has experienced any form of gastric upset, please allow 48 hours before returning to Pre-School).
- So that sessions get underway on time, we do ask that once a child has settled in the morning, parents/carers vacate the Village Hall promptly.